There are a few ways to delete data from your VerticalResponse account. You can Mass Delete data from the Data Management tab, you can use the Data Loader (if you are using Enterprise or Unlimited editions) or a similar application, or you can uninstall and reinstall the VR for AppEx app. While we would like to help you with everything we can and we're happy to provide some basic instructions, we're not Salesforce experts, so if you have any questions about how your Salesforce setup is structured, or how to run a report, we recommend you contact Salesforce support.
Your Salesforce Administrator can follow these steps to delete data from the Salesforce Activity History object.
- Log in to your Salesforce account (you will need System Administrator permissions)
- Go to Setup | Administration Setup | Data Management | Mass Delete Records | Mass Delete Activities
- Set the criteria to find the list of Activities you wish to delete (Such as email name, Mail Date, etc.) - Subject contains VerticalResponse Mass Email is a good place to start. -
- Check the box to permanently delete these activities from your account
This method only allows you to remove 250 records at a time, and will only remove the data from Activity History, and not the VR Email History related list.
You may also utilize the Salesforce Data Loader for greater control over Salesforce data management.
- Go to Setup | Administration Setup | Data Management | Apex Data Loader
- Click the Download the Data Loader link
The Data Loader allows you to run a Salesforce report and import the rules to purge (or export) large amounts of data at one time. Please refer to the associated documentation or contact Salesforce support for assistance using Data Loader.
There is a separate application that performs a similar function to the Data Loader for those on Group and Professional editions, dataloader.io - http://dataloader.io
To use dataloader.io:
- First, create two reports with the custom object data you wish to remove, one for VR Email history Lead and one for VR Email History Contact (Your Salesforce admin should be able to help you with this)
- Admins: You will need a report with the Salesforce ID for the data you want to remove.
- Navigate to the website http://datalaoader.io
- Log in to your SF account and allow the app to access your instance
- Choose delete records
- Choose VR Email History Contact
- Upload your corresponding (VR Email History Contact) CSV from the report from step 1
- Choose the Salesforce ID from the list of options.
- Run the app to delete
- Repeat steps 4-9 for the VR Email history Lead object
Your final option is to unsintall VR for AppEx and then reinstall.
- Go to Setup | Installed Packages, and click on VerticalResponse for AppExchange.
- Click the uninstall button. You will be prompted to export data. Choose whether or not you want to keep your data, and finish the uninstall.
- You can reinstall the application here: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016aYQEAY by clicking "get it now."