VerticalResponse Opt-In forms include a CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) feature that you may use to help prevent the abuse of forms hosted on your website. Read more about the benefits of this feature on the VerticalResponse blog!
To use this feature when creating a new Opt-In Form
Go to Lists | Opt-In Forms
- Click New Opt-In Form
- Check the Use CAPTCHA Verification option on the Design Your Form step
- The CAPTCHA code will be automatically included in the HTML source code found on the Publish step
- Copy the HTML code from the Publish step and place in the source code of your website
To add CAPTCHA to an existing Opt-In Form
- Go to Lists | Opt-In Forms and click on the form you want to modify
- Once inside the Opt in form, go onto the “Design Your Form Step”
You will see that the CAPTCHA Verification is automatically placed on your sign up form.
Go back to the “Publish” step and you will see that the CAPTCHA Verification option is now added to your sign up form along with the updated HTML code.
- Copy the updated HTML code from the Publish step and place in the source code of your website
- If you had made any design modifications to the look and feel of your form you will need to reapply these
Please sign in to leave a comment.