Sometimes the fields that we provide as default for lists just don't quite cut it for what you need. Luckily, you can add your own fields to the list so you can collect and store the info best for your business. You can create custom fields for your VerticalResponse account. This means that you can personalize emails for each person. First name and last name are by default active. But if you would like to include additional information you will need to create a custom field.
To insert these custom fields in your email:
- Go into the editor and click the area within the email that has the personalization.
- Click Insert in the top corner.
- Select which field you would like inserted into your email.
- When you’re viewing your email you will see these custom fields inserted.
- Now your email will be personalized for each person
You can also create a custom field during your list upload. On the Assign Fields page just type in a new custom field name after selecting Add a Custom Field from the drop-down. Once you like the name, click Create.