Segmented lists get more engagement. The open and click results are likely to be higher since the email message can be more directly targeted to a certain group of people. You can segment your list with the Advanced Search tool located on the Contacts page.
The allows for campaign activity-based segmentation, which means, you can segment your contact list based on a set of predetermined parameters related to opens or clicks.
Watch a 2-minute demo
1. Click on the ‘Contacts’ page.
2. Click on the down arrow, next to the Search bar.
3. A Search contact field menu appears. Select a field and the parameters. Click ‘Search’ once you’ve made your selections.
4. Now that you see your results, you can add/remove fields by clicking the 'view fields' dropdown menu.
5. Click on ‘Create a List’ at the bottom to save the search as as new segment or add the contacts to an existing list.
Note: Advanced Search takes into account the last 10 email campaigns you’ve sent. It does not include autoresponders such as Welcome emails or Follow-Up emails.
Tips on Using Segmentation
- Reward customers who have opened all emails by sending a special offer.
- Find all customers who haven’t opened an email in the last 6 months and send them a re-engagement email.
- See who has never opened any emails and consider scrubbing them from your list.
- Identify subscribers who have never clicked after opening an email. Send them a follow-up asking if they are looking for different content.
In Phase 2 of our list segmentation feature, you can now take your campaign activity-based engagement efforts to the next level.We have now introduced ‘Use Cases’, which will allow you to find all contacts on your list(s) using more targeted, personalized parameters for each audience.
New advanced Use Cases search parameters include:
Location (Country, State, City, or Zip Code)
Birthday (day, month or year) or Age
When searching by state for example, segment all customers on your list using the parameters ‘State is’, ‘State is not’, ‘State starts with’, or ‘State contains’
Use this segment type for geo-targeted promos to send a free shipping offer or promotional starter pack to audiences in select regions.
Offering the ability to search by day, month, or year, you can now easily find all customers born within a specific time frame such as ‘November’ or on ‘January 21’.
Send your customers a ‘Happy Birthday’ shout out email or coupon on their special day with this use case.
If you’re planning an in-store focus group and want to reach your customers quickly, use ‘Phone Number’ segmentation to search by ‘Home’, ‘Work’, ‘Mobile’ or ‘ Fax’.
You can use area code digits specifically, or search by any digits in their number.
To get an even better understanding of Phase 2 of List Segmentation, click on the video below to see a demo of three quick examples of the expanded functionality.